PADI Rescue Diver Course
The PADI Rescue Diver course philosophy focuses on the concept that there is rarely only one way to accomplish a task. There is no single “right” way to perform a rescue, but rather there are many variables and resources that rescuers consider and draw upon, depending upon the scenario. The course takes a flexible, conceptual approach to rescue — a rescuer’s relative size and strength, for example, as well as environmental factors, may dictate or influence what rescue technique will be most effective.
The course water training sessions develop students’ foundational skills, which they adapt to their personal differences and needs. Skill development encourages divers to experiment, learning to capitalize on their strengths, recognize their limitations and consider these in emergency situations. Student divers learn to first think about the options available for handling an emergency, and then act using their appraisal of the best method for the situation.
The PADI Rescue Diver course goals are to:
- Increase awareness of diver safety.
- Develop divers’ abilities to anticipate and prevent problems as well as to manage them.
- Teach effective rescue techniques and first aid skills specific to diving.
- Prepare divers to manage diver emergency situations.
- Expand diver knowledge in preparation for PADI leadership-level training.
Why PADI Rescue Diver?
Rewarding and fun – that best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course will expand your knowledge and experience level: Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence.
Read more about what PADI says Click Here
The course consists of classroom sessions, twelve realistic open water training scenarios and an exam.
Cost includes both Rescue Diver & EFR Courses, all equipment rental, tuition, manuals, slates and PADI registration fees.
PADI Scuba Diving Courses offered in Cape Town through Scubadive.co.za:
- Padi Kids Diving Courses
- Padi Scuba Diver Course
- Padi Open Water Dive Course
- Padi Advanced Open Water Dive Course
- Padi Rescue Diver Course
- Padi Deep Speciality Dive Course
- Padi Night Speciality Dive Course
- Padi Wreck Speciality Dive Course
- Padi Search & Recovery Speciality Dive Course
- Padi Enriched Air (Nitrox) Speciality Dive Course
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Dive Course
- PADI Master Scuba Diver
- Padi Dive Master Course